Duel Ceiling fan?

Old 07-17-08, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Duel Ceiling fan?

Luckily I decided to replace my ceiling fan due to age today. I removed it and it was to hot to touch, motor seized up!

Old fan had light that worked on duel switches, fan always hot worked on pull chain.

New fan just has the black and white wires, don't think I can separate the fan and light due to no chain (remote), two wires and a plug connector from upper unit to fan unit.

Problem is I did white to white, and black to black. light works when switch and remote are on, but light is very, very dim. Push light button a second time, light gets bright and dims until off over a period of 10 seconds.

For fun I did red and black to black and white to white. Same results but switch can be off or on and remote still works. Suggestions on why its so dim? My cell phone gives off about as much light as the 3 40 watt candle bulbs.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-08, 07:13 PM
I am having a hard time figuring out what you have there. When you say remote do you mean hand held remote? Is this a wireless remote fan?

Old 07-17-08, 07:28 PM
Yes it's a wireless remote. It turns the fan on 3 different speeds, and light on or off. Won't work unless one of the wall switches in son (or you wire the fixture to the old hot fan wire)

Old 07-17-08, 07:46 PM
LOL... well I went back to cap the Red like it should be. Played around, swore at it, the usual handy man routine when somethings not right.

My Hunter remote has a built in dimmer. Factory must come with the lowest setting (although kids were playing with it).

Hit light button it comes on. Hold light button down it gets bright! Brilliant!

Thanks for letting me entertain myself. LOL

Old 07-17-08, 09:06 PM
well it is actually a feature if it comes on dim and then does brighter. The bulbs will last a lot longer.

Old 07-18-08, 07:45 AM
If you just tap the button once without holding it down, the light will come on at whatever brightness you previously had it set to.