Does this exist?

Old 08-03-08, 06:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Does this exist?

I'm looking for something that I am not sure even exists.

As always seems to happen, the plug(#1) I want to be controlled by a wall switch is not controlled by the switch. The switch controls another plug(#2)

I am looking for a device that that would be in two parts. The first part would go into plug #2(controlled by wall switch) and the second part into plug #1(that I want to be controlled by the wall switch).

The part in plug #2 would control whether the part in plug #1 would be energized. Thus when the wall switch is turned 'on', part #2 would cause outlet #1 to become energized (and vice versa, when the wall switch is off, plug #1 would not be energized).

Does something like this exist?

I am looking for a simple solution and don't want to start up with anything complicated. This is just to control lamps in a couple of bedrooms that don't get a lot of use.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-08, 07:51 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
There won't be a code compliant device to perform the way you want it to. Rewiring receptacle number 1 to be controlled by the switch is the best way. It is simple, but requires cutting sheetrock, running new cable, and fixing it all up, which adds to the complication.

Old 08-03-08, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you open the receptacles, you may find that the switch leg passes through the receptacle that you want to control.
It would then just be a matter of swapping wires.