Honeywell Temperature Controller wiring

Old 08-08-08, 10:48 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell Temperature Controller wiring

I just bought a honeywell T6031A 1029 temperature controller off of ebay in an attempt to use this as a termperature controller for a refriderator. The idea is to run the power cord from the fridge through this thing and it can shut the power for the fridge on and off as the temperature variation requires it. It's brand new in the box but the downfall is that I have to wire it myself. Opening up the inside I see 3 screws - one for red, one for black and one for white. I understand basic house wiring but as soon as you introduce more than black and white wires then I get confused. Any help? Here is the link for the manual

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/95-6756.pdf

Old 08-08-08, 11:24 AM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 45 Upvotes on 43 Posts
The spec sheet states:

T6031A spdt makes R to W on temperature rise, R to B on temperature fall.
I assume you want the fridge to run when the temperature rises, therefore you put the hot wire from the cord (black, narrow blade) on the RED terminal of the controller; and put the hot wire to the fridge on the WHITE terminal of the controller.

The neutral and ground wires are spliced and passed through.

Old 08-11-08, 11:37 AM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
So both the neutral and ground wires are just tied together (neutral to neutral and ground to ground) and bypass the thermostat? In that case the screw marked "b" on the thermostat would go unused? Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: