Old 08-30-08, 08:13 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: usa
Posts: 56
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a GFCI receptacle that is a little smaller in physical size than the normal one you find in the big box stores?They are so hard to squeeze into a shallow box in a tight area
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-08, 10:39 AM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NE Wis / Paris France{ In France for now }
Posts: 4,808
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
AFAIK .,, most of the GFCI repectale they are pretty much standarized not too much differnce on sizewise at all

Is your receptale box is too small ? if so you can either change to deeper box or go with two gang box.

What circuit is this receptale you are replaceing ?? somecase it will be easier to get a GFCI breaker.

Old 08-30-08, 12:07 PM
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: orange county
Posts: 285
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Perhaps you can find at the big store an extension that can attach to your current outlet box to increase it's volume. They're available in metal, not sure about plastic. It would perhaps not be asthetically pleasing to you??

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: