Two lights one switch

Old 09-28-08, 04:37 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Two lights one switch

I have two lights that I want to run off one switch and need some help.

I want to run power from an existing outlet, take that to my switch and then to the two lights.

Can you make it as simple as you can for me
Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-08, 07:43 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
The best way to do it is to run the wires directly to the lights and then tie in the switch on the hot leg.

Old 09-28-08, 08:55 AM
F
Pulpo.,, That can be done one way but if the OP have a switch located almost driect above the receptale then he will have to bring the power to the switch box first then run to the new luminaire.

Here how it will be done.,

Black wire from repectale to the switch box but hold right there I will get more details in a sec .,, then get white wire hook up from receptatle and the white wire to the luminaire in that switch box that part you use wirenut { yellow } and bare ground wire from the receptatle you will have to make a pigtail on this one anyway .,, then the new ground wire go to the switch box then again here if you have metal box you must bonded it together.,
If this is plastic box you will need to make a pigtail anyway due most of the new switch will have ground screw there.

Now for the black wire one wire from the recpetale get that wire tied into the switch then from switch that black wire will go to the new luminaire and from there hook up same colours.

If you have more question just holler we will help ya.

Merci,Marc