Gfci

Old 10-23-08, 04:38 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gfci

I have three outlets on a circuit in the kitchen near the sink. Does each location have to have a GFCI outlet installed, or if I install one at the beginning of the circuit will it protect all three locations?

Old 10-23-08, 04:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Yes, you would protect the first receptacle in line and protect the downstream receptacles by hooking them to the "line" side of the GFCI. Depending on when your kitchen was built/remodeled, it should have two different circuits, both protected by GFCI, so if you find the other circuit, the same thing goes on protecting downstream receptacles.

Old 10-23-08, 04:49 PM
T
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Welcome to the forums! Yes, you would protect the first receptacle in line and protect the downstream receptacles by hooking them to the "line side" of the GFCI. Depending on when your kitchen was built/remodeled, it should have two different circuits, both protected by GFCI, so if you find the other circuit, the same thing goes on protecting downstream receptacles.

Load side. You know that.

Old 10-24-08, 05:35 AM
D
Thanks for the help. I beleive you're right. It is the Load side that the additional outlet need to be wired to.
Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: