Base board electric 1250 watt Markel prod

Old 11-06-08, 12:20 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Post Base board electric 1250 watt Markel prod

I think you might be able to help me. I am not sure how or if i am posting the right way. Any way i have a electric base board heater in my home and i would like to mount a T-Stat on the wall above instead of having to reach around the couch and turn up the dial on the base board unit. This units thermostat also operates a heater across the room. I have pulled the cover off the one with the T- Stat knob on it and have found two reds and to blacks. Now i have bought a t-stat from electric supply company that has two red and and two blacks of the same size coming out of it. My question is can i 1 Bypass the baseboard heater on board t -stat and just wire my wall mount to it. and have the walkl mount perform as the unit mounted on e did. Thanx for any help. Thou shalt P.S the unit is a 1250 watt Markel production base board heater

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-08, 04:38 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
The best thing to do is contact the manufacturer directly.

Name: Markel Products
Division: Division of TPI Corporation
Address: 114 Roscoe Fitz Rd.
Gray, TN 37615
UNITED STATES
Phone: (423) 477-4131
Fax: (423) 477-8201
Email: [email protected]
Website: Markel Products Company - A Division of TPI Corporation
Contact: D. Berry, Sr. V.P.-Sales/Mktg.; M. Curey, Natl. Sales Mgr.; J. Clagg, Regl. Sales Mgr.

Old 11-06-08, 08:14 PM
S
where exactly do you see the 2 reds and 2 blacks? are these not including the tstat wires? how are they connected? yo9u can get everything working with your new tstat, it'll take some time though. you bought a doulble throw tstat which means it makes and breaks both lines. this type has an "off" position, single throw don't. the down side of single throw is that even on the lowest setting, the heater will come on if the temperature drops low enough. now, your built in tstat is likely a single throw. i recommend exchanging the one you bought for a single throw. then the wiring is that much easier. all you'd do is isolate the built in stat (by taking it right out or twisting the leads together and capping them off) and fishing a two wire through the wall to your tstat. hook up the two wire exactly the same way as the 2 wires from the built in tsta were hooked up and you're good. before you do anything let the forum know how everything is hooked up, in detail. 240 volts can give you a serious poke so be carefull. also, make sure you have a line voltage thermostat. it'll say right on the box. get back and myself, or someone, will try walk you through it. sid

Old 11-07-08, 08:20 AM
T
Originally Posted by thou shalt View Post
Any way i have a electric base board heater in my home and i would like to mount a T-Stat on the wall above instead of having to reach around the couch and turn up the dial on the base board unit.
Wall mounted thermostats are normally mounted on walls opposite of the heater. Mounting a T-stat above the heater will interfere with uniformly heating the room.

Old 11-10-08, 08:53 AM
T
Location of wires

The 2 red and 2 black wires are coming out of the back of temp knob on base board heater. this temp knob also controls the base board heater across the room. so i thought thats why there are 2 red and 2blacks coming off the temp knob/ I was thinking sense my wall mount tstat has 2 rede and 2 blacks same gage that i would just disconect the temo knobs 4 wires and join them to my wall mount t stats 4 wires and that would work. What do you think..lble throw tstat which means it makes and breaks both lines. this type has an "off" position, single throw don't. the down side of single throw is that even on the lowest setting, the heater will come on if the temperature drops low enough. now, your built in tstat is likely a single throw. i recommend exchanging the one you bought for a single throw. then the wiring is that much easier. all you'd do is isolate the built in stat (by taking it right out or twisting the leads together and capping them off) and fishing a two wire through the wall to your tstat. hook up the two wire exactly the same way as the 2 wires from the built in tsta were hooked up and you're good. before you do anything let the forum know how everything is hooked up, in detail. 240 volts can give you a serious poke so be carefull. also, make sure you have a line voltage thermostat. it'll say right on the box. get back and myself, or someone, will try walk you through it. sid[/QUOTE]

Old 11-22-08, 07:57 AM
T
Thanx

Thanx i have yet to get back up to the condo. I will Let you all know.The Tsat on the baseboard heater operates another heater across the room. if that matters. Beer 4U2
Originally Posted by sidneyh View Post
where exactly do you see the 2 reds and 2 blacks? are these not including the tstat wires? how are they connected? yo9u can get everything working with your new tstat, it'll take some time though. you bought a doulble throw tstat which means it makes and breaks both lines. this type has an "off" position, single throw don't. the down side of single throw is that even on the lowest setting, the heater will come on if the temperature drops low enough. now, your built in tstat is likely a single throw. i recommend exchanging the one you bought for a single throw. then the wiring is that much easier. all you'd do is isolate the built in stat (by taking it right out or twisting the leads together and capping them off) and fishing a two wire through the wall to your tstat. hook up the two wire exactly the same way as the 2 wires from the built in tsta were hooked up and you're good. before you do anything let the forum know how everything is hooked up, in detail. 240 volts can give you a serious poke so be carefull. also, make sure you have a line voltage thermostat. it'll say right on the box. get back and myself, or someone, will try walk you through it. sid