Circuit panel/breaker question

Old 11-28-08, 03:21 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Circuit panel/breaker question

I am new to the forum and was trying to look up if the new Homeline Load Center would except my old (4 years) circuit breakers?
Right now I have QP and QT type breakers in my small box. I wonder if they will fit in the new one designed for QO. The sales man at Homedepot says it would and now I am looking at it a little differently.
My father is a Jurneyman Electrician and I want everything ready for when he gets here tomorrow.

Thanks and I will work on my introduction next....ha ha ha. Beer 4U2
Todd

Old 11-28-08, 03:39 PM
F
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Looks not completely compatible in certain positions

It is commonly known in North America that Siemens and General Electric panels and breakers of the type shown in the above and below picture illustrations are interchangeable one-inch wide breakers. Therefore, these two types of breaker panels have gained widespread acceptance as a "standard". The two panels shown seem to fit GOULD Type QP, ITE type QT, Cutler Hammer Type BR, Square D "Homeline", Siemens, and General Electric breakers. The other two standards commonly found in North America are the Cutler-Hammer "CH" standard and the Square D "QO" standard (both 3/4 inch breakers). These systems allow the use of breakers which accommodate two individual circuit breaker functions within the width of a standard (1" or 3/4") case, but not all positions in all distribution boards may allow the use of such dual breakers. NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Distribution board
I don't know this stuff by heart. The proof is in the put in. Beer 4U2

Old 11-28-08, 04:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 108 Votes on 94 Posts
Homeline breakers are not compatable witha QO panel. QO panels only use QO breakers.

Old 11-28-08, 06:21 PM
T
Thanks ya'll.
Looks like I will be back at HomeD in the AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: