Need Help With Emlgo compressor wiring

Old 12-15-08, 06:15 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need Help With Emlgo compressor wiring

I have a an Emglo k15a-8p. It has 2 tanks side by side with a wheel in front and handles in the back. There is a switch in the back with power in and power out. The power out runs into the motor which is a 1.5 hp dayton motor.
All the wires running into the motor are jumbled up and since the ones from the motor are all yellow i have no idea how to connect them. I will try to get pictures, please help me wire this motor. I can provide more details about the motor if needed, thanks.

Old 12-15-08, 07:57 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I don't see why you need to touch the yellow wires. They look like they haven't been moved from their original position. The wire nuts are still in place.

Old 12-15-08, 11:31 PM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
What voltage you want this air compressor to be wired on ?

either 120 volt or 240 volts and is the plug is stanard 120v or 240v plug ?

There is a diffrence on type of plugs to use on diffrent voltage.

You should able see the wiring diagram next to the nameplate to verify the correct connection.

Assuming as I can see the photo looks like it is allready wired for 240 volts if I counted the leads right.

If all the leads are yellow then you should see the numbers on the leads it should go from 1 to 8 if you have all of them there.

You can able read the lead number and tell me what they are connected so I can able look up the chart to make sure and double check the nameplate as well.

Merci,marc

Old 12-16-08, 04:34 PM
R
I want to wire this motor for 120 volts, the plug going into the switch is a 120 volt plug.

I have 7 leads coming out of the motor they are as follows: p1, p2, t8, t3, t2, t5, t4.

I found the wire diagram on the side of the motor that you were talking about, but I don't know how to interpret it.

All I need to know now is which yellow wires do I connect to the white and black wires coming in and which yellow wires are connected together. Thanks, Ram.

Old 12-16-08, 11:46 PM
F
Ram.,

Here what you do to get correct hook up

The black conductor { wire from cord } that will wired nutted with P1 that will go to the termal protection switch and the P2 that wire you tie together with 1,3,8 with one wirenut now for white conductor from cord side you wirenut with 2,4,5 that should be correct for any reason if the motor run backward just swap the 5 and 8 around it should be correct.

Black to P1

P2 - 1,3,8 wirenut nothing else hook up on this one

White - 2,4,5 nothing else hookup on this one

again if motor run backward just change as I mention above the 5 and 8 will useally do it

that how it should work let me know if you run some issue.

Merci,Marc

Old 12-17-08, 05:10 PM
R
It's alive!!!!!!!

Marc I would like to thank you very much for your help. The compressor is now pumping, all I need to do now is connect the air lines. I have diagrams that show me how that works though, Thanks!

Old 12-17-08, 07:41 PM
F
De Rein.,

( You are welcome )

If you have any other issue let us know.

Make sure you drain the tank when ya get done in the day otherwise you may end up a chuck of ice in the tank in wintertime.

Merci,Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: