power is out

Old 02-16-09, 07:01 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
power is out

I was watching tv when the tv turned off. i thought maybe my wife turned it off because she wanted something. No all the out lets were out on the left side off the house(mobile home) refrg at this time was working and some other things, checked circuit box nothing was tripped. So I got the bright Idea to turn off the main switch to try and turn off all breaker turn back on the main power and turn a the rest on one at a time to find out were the problem is at, the main circuit would not come back on and stay as could get it to stay on as long as I held the breaker on, the breaker is twin 100 amp switches joint together that turn on and off together. There is a metal that if you pull it out it holds the breaker to the on position but once I did that now I have no power going any where. Is there a trick to turning the power back on I ve got an electican coming in am. We had to get a hotel for tonight to cold to stay there.

Old 02-19-09, 09:35 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Call your power company. Call now. No need to wait until morning. Call their emergency number. It may not be their problem, but it may and it's a good place to start. If they get it fixed tonight, maybe you can call off the electrician and save yourself some money.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: