Can someone tell me how to describe the curcuit breaker?


Old 03-02-09, 03:49 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can someone tell me how to describe the curcuit breaker?

The breaker is i think is Sq D. Roughly about 25 years old.

I will be getting the thing replaced within a month, but until then i wanted to replace one of the circuit breakers that has visible signs of wear.

I have not seen the type of breaker i need at home depot and dont really even know how to describe it. it is slim, has two lever/stitches on each.

The other 'twin' breakers seem to have switches next to each rather than at opposite ends like the one im describing. on each of the two switches it says 15... does that mean that each controls 15 amps or its a 30amp breaker?

So i need a .... help please.

breaker panel
Old 03-02-09, 04:06 PM
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: VA.
Posts: 812
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Looks like a Square D QO breaker to me. You may need to get a "regular" tandem breaker. I've seen those type at the supply house but not at HD. They'll have the tandems though.

It's 2- 15 amp circuits.
Old 03-02-09, 08:26 PM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Posts: 405
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Those twin breakers are no longer made.
If you want to replace them, you will need to find a supplier of refurbished or used breakers that handles them.
One note: They are worth almost as much as gold these days.
Old 03-03-09, 08:28 AM
pcboss's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 15,250
Received 112 Votes on 97 Posts
The tandem breakers you see in the stores with the 2 handles top and bottom are the same functionally as the one in your photo.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: