More rewiring Q

Old 03-12-09, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
More rewiring Q

Rewiring four outlets and three lights on the same circuit is it correct to power the first outlet and from there two separate feeds to the other six boxes? [ like tapping power from a midstream outlet]

A double gang switch box in a 6'' wide cavity leaves about 1'' of free space on each side
Can i fish two 14/2 through those spaces one on each side of the box?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-09, 08:36 AM
There are probably 20 "correct" ways to do this. Your way is one such way, although it's probably not what I'd do. I'd run the cable in whatever is the most convenient routing from the power source through each receptacle and switch box (in any order--doesn't matter), and then run cables from each switch box to the lights they control.

The answer to your last question is "yes", although I'm a bit confused. What is that box mounted to? Wouldn't it be mounted to the stud on one side of the cavity or the other, thus only leaving room on the other side for cables?

Old 03-13-09, 11:07 AM
Thank you for reply,I understand this is not the standard way but it was plan B due to difficult routing through two floors of plaster on lath

The switch is in the bathroom in a space 6'' wide between the door jamb and another wall running perpendicular, it is mounted to straps nailed to the lath ,the bathroom door and a bedroom door are next to eachother framed with double studs.
There is also a cast iron venting pipe running between these walls .
Again this idea,is plan B in case I dont find a better routing

Last edited by RODEL; 03-13-09 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spe