what wires go where?

Old 03-15-09, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
what wires go where?

added a 8x10 addition on to my mobile home.ran wire for three juntion boxes that will have double receptables in each.mobile home doesnt have any double receptables in, so im not sure how to wire them correctly.each receptable has two silver screws on one side and two gold toned screws on the other.im thinking the black supply will go on one side and the white on the other. then i run a black jumper from the bottom screw witch is on the same side as the black supply to the other receptable.do the same for the white, and tie the three grounds to there screw.would this be correct? thanks for any help....

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-09, 08:26 PM
Correct......

The "Black " supply wires go on the gold screws, The "White" wires (Neutral) go to the silver screws. The receptacles themselves Make up the "Feed thru loop" so no jumpers are necessary..tie the grounds together and your done...

Old 03-15-09, 09:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 39 Votes on 34 Posts
The grounds need to be connected with a twist-on wire cap or another splicing device. You can only terminate one wire under the screws.

Old 03-22-09, 06:39 AM
what wire goes where?

thanks guys.. i had it backwards..(black on silver ect.) nice to be able to get help from you pro's, and im really thankful your there...