Panel Labels

Old 01-04-08, 07:39 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Panel Labels

I am currently rewiring a 200 amp Siemens/Murray Panel. None of the local suppliers carry replacement labels for this panel nor are they willing to acquire same.

Does anyone know a source for replacement labels or had experience using computer labels for panel labeling?

Old 01-04-08, 07:58 AM
J
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
My personal preference is to include general descriptions in the panel, but then post more detailed descriptions somewhere near the panel. The problem is that the panel has room for only something simple, like "front bedroom", but this typically isn't enough information. I like a list of every receptacle, every light and every appliance in the house along with the circuit it is on, and any special notes (such as GFCI protection and where provided, or control by a switch or light sensor). Sometimes the west wall, north side receptacle of that front bedroom is on a different circuit than the west wall, south side receptacle of that same room. Such detail is difficult to represent in the limited space offered inside the panel.

A lot of different computer programs can be used to generate such a list, such as Word or Excel.

Old 01-04-08, 08:00 AM
S

Might want to investigate contents within:

http://www.dsrenterprises.com/

http://www.esfi.org/esfi-library.html#epl

http://www.thesitebox.com/Category/5...el-labels.aspx

Hope this helps with your mini-project....

Old 01-04-08, 10:51 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Label maker with small fonts.

Old 01-04-08, 10:57 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
Full sheet stickers for inkjet or laser printers are available in office supply stores. Cut them to the required size.

Like others have said Word or Excel can be used to format the label.

Old 01-04-08, 08:05 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 422 Upvotes on 375 Posts
In my (limited) experience, inspectors have had no issue with a printed sheet of paper, cut to size, and taped onto the box cover in place of the factory label. It was much clearer and detailed than anything that could be handwritten in faded pencil on the original label anyway.

All depends on how meticulous you want to be

Old 01-05-08, 06:01 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Breaker Labels

I also used Excel on a full sheet of card stock paper. This program allows editing and different font sizes and column widths. Once I was satisfied with the finished product, I laminated it and attached it to the inside of the panel door.

Old 03-30-09, 05:39 AM
G
Panel Labels

After considering the great responses my colleagues provided, I purchased Avery permanent labels and downloaded their software. It worked great and gives a very professional look to the panel.

I also did a detailed breakdown in a trifold format and provided it to the homeowner.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: