G4040MB1200 Help

Old 05-12-09, 08:22 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
G4040MB1200 Help

I have this 200 amp siemens circuit breaker box. A mouse crawled into an area he should not have, in my earth-coupled A/C unit and baked himself. The 30 amp breaker did not trip, but cooked the left side bus bar that the CB's snap onto. I want to replace just that bus - a 10 minute job, rather than removing all of the leads and rewiring a new box-a whole day job. Siemens will not sell me just the bus. Does anyone know where there is some old boxes, or partial damaged boxes, that will supply me with just that bus bar? 606XXXXXXX. Thanks

Last edited by french277V; 05-12-09 at 04:27 PM. Reason: removed phone number for safety reason
Old 05-12-09, 08:32 AM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 45 Votes on 43 Posts
You'll probably have to buy a whole new box and swap out the guts that you need. Some cities have an electrical equipment recycler you could contact maybe through the yellowpages. Other than that your only other option is something like eBay.

How badly damaged is the bus bar? If it's only the two "fingers" that supplied your CB, you could just abandon those slots with blank cover plates and move the breakers to other slots.

Old 05-12-09, 04:30 PM
F
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If only one or two bussbar tab is burnted you can move the breaker to other postion if the space is there.

If more than just burnted bussbar tabs then you will have to replace either whole load center or "guts " one of the two and some electrical contractors may have guts on hand { not very often but some case they do }

Most manufacters is shedding away from selling guts for safety reason.

but do follow Ibpooks suggestion he have right idea where to go next.

Merci,Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: