voltage drops and dimming lights

Old 05-12-09, 02:23 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question voltage drops and dimming lights

I am in an conundrum and would like some advice if someone could offer me some? This problem started out two days ago and have been doing extensive troubleshooting I still cannot find the problem.Lack of a wiring diagram would help since i don't have that makes it even worse. only on one ciurcuit throughout my mobile home i am getting various voltage drops through the wall outlets whenever a load is induced on the circuit( lights dimming and pulsating and appliances cease operating). Unfortunately my furnace which is elecric ignition will not operate the blower motor. It drops approximately to 88 VAC on the wall outlet right after it. I am getting the same at the circuit breaker box for that line. Am assuming it might have to do with the inground lines coming and and thinking a bad nuetral. Just need some help in trying to sort out what is in my head and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-12-09, 02:32 PM
Received 15 Votes on 13 Posts
Call the power company emergency service now and have them check their side of the service. If it is on their side they will fix it. If it is on your side they won't fix it but they may be able to tell you what it is. Turn off all 240v breakers till the problem is fixed.

Old 05-12-09, 03:27 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
They were out the night it happened. He said everything was within normal measurments on their side. Still looking into it though.

Old 05-12-09, 03:31 PM
I
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 45 Votes on 43 Posts
The next step in my opinion is to have an electrician out to evaluate the pedestal and the mobile home subpanel. I recommend an electrician because this can be a dangerous job.

Old 05-12-09, 04:51 PM
F
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If the POCO side is fine then you will have to get a hold of the electrician to deal the load side of metering pedsteal somewhere along the way you have a break with underground conductor and this will be done by electrician for safety reason.

Merci,Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: