Ground wire questions

Old 05-16-09, 02:08 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ground wire questions

I'm electrically challenged, so I am a little lost here. I just bought a house and on looking around after the winter, I see the ground wire going to my gas meter just hanging there loose. First how dangerous is that, and should I have them fix it or not wait until they can come out? Also, the ground wire (I think its a ground wire, its metal braided cable coming out by my electrical meter) is touching the ground with some bracket screwed to it like it was attached to a ground pole at one time, but its just laying in contact with the ground now. How big a deal is this and can I just buy any metal pipe, like gas pipe, and attach the ground cable to it? Big Thanks!

Old 05-16-09, 02:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
would it be possible for you to upload photos to a site like Photobucket or another sharing site? This would help us get a better idea to go with your description.

Old 05-16-09, 07:09 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pics

What do you need pics of? Not sure about Photobucket, but I could email whatever you need.

Old 05-16-09, 07:25 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
We need pics of the wires and connections you are describing. Open a free account at Photobucket, upload the pictures and post the URLs here.

Old 05-16-09, 07:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 194 Upvotes on 170 Posts
Take pics of the connections that you are trying to describe in your post.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: