Unfinish basement inspection?

Old 05-23-09, 11:35 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unfinish basement inspection?

Rewire of an unfinish basement that includes surface mount outlet [ NM inside plastic conduit sleeve] requires rough-in or only final inspection?
Thank you

Old 05-23-09, 11:41 AM
F
If unfinshed basement room then you can able get this done in final inspection but make sure you have receptale on GFCI { many area is getting strict with this }

Unless you have rough in inspection for other part of the house the inspector will check that on as well maybe in final part it pretty much up to his call what they will be intend to do next.

Merci,Marc

Old 05-23-09, 08:38 PM
R
Thank you for reply, I wasn't shure if I should wait untill the rough-in is done for the other areas as well

Old 05-25-09, 10:15 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 197 Votes on 177 Posts
It really depends on the inspector. Most will not have an issue if some things aren't done for the rough inspection as long as they can be inspected during the final. They really want to see all the stuff that will be hidden behind drywall and such.

I can't imagine any issue if the basement outlets are installed for a rough, and if they aren't, you just might need to explain that you are planning on installing at least one to meet code.

Most inspectors are quite friendly and realize there's a process to construction.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: