Ceiling fan question

Old 07-02-09, 10:18 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ceiling fan question

I think original poster is done so I have a related question.

I am wiring my fan. I wanted it switched in two locations. I also want a remote control. all the remote systems I have seen are for SP switches. the system mounts in canopy and takes hot wire from SP switch and controls the output of it to the light and fan. Basically you just wire up one SP switch, leave it on all the time, and control fan and light with the remote. but I want to control light from two locations. So, can I wire the two 3-ways together and from one of them take 14/2 to the fan. now I could still work the light from both locations in normal way(provided the light is "on" through the remote.) If I want fan on, I just hit the fan switch on remote. If I want fan on and light off, I would have to shut light off via the remote. If I shut it off through a wall switch, the fan would go out too. Is this arrangement seem OK? I don't have enough room to put a bigger gang box in, don't like the multiple switches in a single gang, AND I want remote. so this seemed like best option. just have to try to explain how it works to wife! if you ever shut light off from remote, you have to later reset the system by turning it on by remote, then off by one of the switches. if you don't then the three ways won't work to control lights.

Old 07-02-09, 05:21 PM
F
Hammerash.,

Is this for bathroom exhaust fan / light unit or ceiling fan ??

There are two complety diffrent aiminals to deal with it and wiring metholds are little diffrent and I don't really recalled see a remoted control bathroom exhaust fan at all unless it a remote switch contolled unit.

Fill us in more details and we will go from there.

Merci,Marc

Old 07-02-09, 05:57 PM
H
sorry french, it is a ceiling fan/light unit-not a bath fan. maybe I should have started new thread?

Old 07-02-09, 07:56 PM
H
here is the manual.

http://www.hunterfan.com/uploadedFil...uals/41316.pdf

I think it will work fine, but wanted someone with experience to verify. I wouldn't be using the switch cover/remote mount

Old 07-02-09, 08:42 PM
R
Is this fan/light combo over a shower or tub? If so it must be GFCI protected. I thought I would throw that in.
Jim

Old 07-02-09, 08:51 PM
H
no, not over shower or bath.

Old 07-03-09, 01:01 AM
F
I move over to new thread due it is not related to the oringal question before.

If you follow the wiring diagarm very carefull it will work without any issue but just watch out with connection in the ceiling box and make a note if you have to change the luminaire or fan / luminaire set up.

The other thing is make sure you double check the DIP switch to correct postion.

Merci,Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: