Need some relay help

Old 07-23-09, 08:29 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need some relay help

I have a controller that is a 120v, 15A. Here is a link to exactly what I have. And exactly what i want to do is use the outlets on some of the features to control relays that will allow 220v to power various objects. Can someone please help me in understanding what relay to get, and exactly what the theory behind the method is?

The relays will power constant on until the timer trips the relay off. I need to run 4 220v 5-6A each. If I can get en understanding of how to build the relays for the 220v's I can easily apply the same principle to the other relays I need to build. Someone got any help for me please?

Old 07-24-09, 04:43 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Your documentation refers to a HAR-1 relay. "Use the HAR-1 relay for high amperage or voltage equipment."

Research what voltage activates the HAR-1 relay's internal solenoid. Let's say it's 24 volts DC. Call your local electrical parts distributor & tell them you want 220 power relay @ ? max amperage that uses a 24V controlling input voltage.

Old 07-24-09, 04:49 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Welcome to the forums.

Double-pole double-throw relays with coils rated at 120v and contacts rated at 120v 15a are very common. This type of relay has two sets of contacts, each of which have a common, normally-open, and normally-closed contacts.

Since you would be controlling 220/240 volt devices, you would use one set of contacts for each of the 220 wires. One supply wire would connect to common #1. Its load would connect to the normally-open #1 contact. The other supply wire would connect to common #2, with its load connected to the normally-open #2 contact.

The relay coil connects to the black & white wires from one of the built-in receptacles.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: