Multi panel setup

Old 09-08-09, 01:31 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Multi panel setup

So here is what i have. Just installed a new 320 amp meter socket on the back of my new shop. I am feeding a 200 amp panel in the shop and i have a 200 amp disconnect feeding my 200 amp panel in the house. So with that in mind here is my questions? The panel in my shop is located on the back wall where i will feed all of my shop outlets from. However my service room that will house my shop furnace, electric baseboard for service room and bathroom, water heater , furnace and ac unit as well as circuts for the service room and bathromunit is located on the other end of the shop. So would it be recommended to put a seperate sub panel in the servic room to supply power to the above listed items so that i don't have to run 60+' of wire to each of the above and if so how many amps sub panel should i be putting in there i will be running 3000 watts of base board heat, (1) bathroom fan unit with heater, bathroom outlet, power for my gas furnace, power of gas water heater, and a few outlets in the service room. Any input would be helpful

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-09, 06:09 AM
W
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I would just go ahead and install a 125 amp main lug 20 or 24 space load center, and feed it with some #2 SER cable protecting it with a 90 amp breaker.

Here, we can go 100 amps but code technically doesn't allow it.

If I'm not mistaken, if you're under 08 code, SE cable has to use the 60 degree chart so you would need to go 1/0 AL or #2 copper.