Connecting a toe kick heater

Old 10-15-09, 09:01 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Connecting a toe kick heater

Im looking at installing a small 120v toe kick heater under my bathroom vanity. Id prefer to come out of the wall and not the floor and plan on using romex. Because the toe kick heater is small it wont but against the wall and will be about 8 away. Whats the proper way of bringing the romex out of the wall and into the toe kick unit? Id prefer to use plastic instead of metal whenever possible, do I need to install some kind of plastic box in the wall and then flexible conduit? Or do I need to use metal and flex, or do I just bring the romex out of the wall (if so, is that safe)?

Old 10-16-09, 06:48 AM
Group Moderator
Received 348 Votes on 301 Posts
If the Romex is going to be concealed under a cabinet, then no other protection is required. Just bring the cable out of the wall and connect to the heater.

Old 10-16-09, 07:06 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
the cabinet actually has 4 feet about 4" tall (it's not an enclosed toekick). Does that matter? Do you just come out of a hole in the wall or is there some kind of transition faceplate i should use?

Last edited by jdtribe; 10-16-09 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-16-09, 06:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 348 Votes on 301 Posts
IF you think the romex will be subject to physical damage, then you should sleeve it with some type of conduit. Use connectors for each end of the conduit (attach one to the heater in the 1/2" KO) The end on the wall side can just come out a hole in rock with the conduit in the wall a little so the cable is fully protected.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: