heat tapes for gutters?

Old 10-17-09, 08:57 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question heat tapes for gutters?

I have been told to use heat tapes in gutters you need a heat control system, is there a hanger assembly that comes with these or do you lay them in the gutter and overlap the brackets?

never used them
tks

Old 10-17-09, 11:09 PM
F
Heat tape for roof / gutter it must have correct verison and I really strongly advise you to get self regulated roof / gutter heat tape set up.

I know it will cost little more but in long run it will adjust the heating level as needed to be and it have to be on GFCI circuit.

Check with the manufacter instruction for details what you will need to install them and you may need the accesory kit to use it along the way.

The last thing here I will remind you when you install it please do it safe way with extendison ladder.

Merci.

Marc

Old 10-18-09, 04:01 AM
C
Question

Do you have any brand name suggestions? Ace Hardware is the only local we have close here?
tks

ladder--ugh

Old 10-18-09, 09:38 AM
F
Name brand ?

Now that do bring up good question due I haven't pay attetion to that.

And it been quite a while senice I got self regulated heattape so you may have to shop around a little and make sure you get one that work for roofing / gutter useage not the cheap brands that used for water pipes due the termosast location and some are not used in wet location that is the other issue as well.

Merci.
Marc

Old 10-18-09, 09:52 AM
C
Yup i've already read that info, just looking for someone who had some experience with it

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: