Why did this happen? I need help!

Old 10-26-09, 06:28 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Why did this happen? I need help!

So me and my family were watching TV and just hanging out, when one of the little ones throws a pillow at his older brother, he misses and hits the table lamp instead. Well, I put the table lamp back in its place and then I decide to test it to see if the bulbs still work(theres 3 bulbs) by turning it on. Before I turned it on, the living room light was on, the tv was on, and so was the front porch light. As soon as I turned on the lamp, one of the bulbs exploded and at the same time everything turned off. I tried turning the tv on, no response, I tried flicking everything on and no response! I dont understand what happened, and it only happened to the family room and the front porch because the lamp was connected in the family room. Im a complete noob in this field and any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! In the meantime, I will be doing some research of my own to figure out what happened. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-09, 06:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Did you check to see if a breaker tripped? Remove the offending lamp from the system and turn the breaker off and back on. Let us know what happens.

Old 10-26-09, 06:49 PM
F
I will do the same thing as Chandler suggest just unpluged the malfuctiong lamp and reset the breaker and give a try to see it do come back on if come back on before you plug in the lamp back on replace the bulb and inspect for any damage escpally with socket area it don't take much to get it off fast.

Merci.
Marc

Old 10-27-09, 02:34 PM
R
Thanks a million guys! It really helped, and here I was on the verge of calling someone to come and check it out because I didnt want to make things worse. This really is a great site! And Im glad I found it, out of necessity lol. I'll be coming to these forums a lot more often now that I know of such a great site!

Old 10-27-09, 03:21 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Glad you got it. Come on back any time.

Old 10-27-09, 06:02 PM
F
I am glad it came out good and you got it working now and If you have any other question or anything just holler one of us will help ya.

Merci.
Marc