GFCI Power Cord

Old 11-08-09, 08:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GFCI Power Cord

I have a portable softub spa that I drained and cleaned yesteday. I filled it up and then turn the motor/pump back on. It worked and I let it warm up over the night. The next morning, I noticed that the spa leaked (I think that the three connections were not tight) and the motor was stopped. I can not get the motor/pump to work. The power cord has a GFCI on it and the red light is one. When I test it, the red light goes off, but when I reset it, the red light always comes back on. I am thinking that the motor/pump may have gotten wet from the leak, but I am not sure if it is the power cord or the pump/motor that I should be worried about.

Please advise if anyone can help. Thanks...John

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-09, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The cord is not a major issue if there is no puntcures or nicks on them but the key item is your motor that will get them once you get any water in there it can screw up the function of the motor espcally with starting switch inside plus capaitor if water get in there as well.

Take that motor out and dry it out with air nozzle gun thing and check all the connections to make sure they are dry and see if you can turn the motor shaft over if not turn over the bearing can be seized up.

Merci,Marc