Bad blower motor ?

Old 11-19-09, 09:40 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bad blower motor ?

Noticed blower fun was running real slow. Took it out and cleaned everything real good . Turns freely. Also replaced the run capacitor with a new one. Now it runs but doesn't seem as fast as it should and there is a noticeable hum coming from the general area of the motor. Let it run for just a few minutes and then checked the side of the motor and it was not warm at all. Pretty sure have a bad motor. Does anybody agree with me or think it could be some kind of other problems.

Old 11-20-09, 04:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Is the heat source on when you notice this? I ask, because I have our set to run at an idle speed all the time until the heat pump comes on. Then it noticeably increases in speed. If yours is not running at full speed with the source on, then, yes, you proabably have a motor problem. If the casing is not warm, then it is not running properly. It will get warm to dissipate the heat from the motor running.

Old 11-20-09, 09:14 PM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Is this motor is single or mulit speed motour due some furance have low speed setting and high or med speed setting somecase you may have a burnt out winding { it don't happend often but it do in some case }

If you have variable speed motor that part it will get very tricky to troubleshooting the best answer is give us the furance brand name one of us will able dail in the correct producre to troubleshooting it.

Merci,Marc

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: