Over-Charged Battery

Old 11-20-09, 08:08 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Over-Charged Battery

Hi:
Wonder whether the thread, below is appropriate to this site, but I can't find a right site for this, Then, ....

I let 'Rechargeable Battery' charged for whole two straight days, because I just forgot to plug it off. It's supposed to plug it off after 'overnite-charge.'

As a result, 'Rechargeable Outdoor-Lantern' is useless, no light at all. I love this, a handy Rechargeable Outdoor-Lantern so much that I always using during warm-weather.

Is there a way to get Battery lighted-up?

Any imputs on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-09, 09:31 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Have you measured across the poles to see what the no load voltage is? Usually battery chargers taper the voltage as they charge and go to a trickle charge only when fully charged but of course I can't say how your charger works. What kind of battery. Is this a charger that came with the Lantern? Are you sure the charger works. Are you sure the light works?

Old 11-20-09, 10:06 AM
Yes, the charger came with the Lantern.

The Lantern is fairly big, about 15" x 7" W and round at the base and handle at the top. Color is dark-gray. It's NORTHWEST TERRITORY.

Side of Battery-charger is:
Model: WJ-Y35060300D
Input: 120V ac 60Hz
Output: 6V dc 300mA
Date: 07.03.14

LISTED
DIRECTPLUGIN
CLASS 2 POWERUNIT
50GB
E229288

I purchased from local K-Mart at 'Outdoor and Camping section' about one and a half years ago and working REALLY well until I bursted it due to 'over-charged' battery. When I went to get another one the next day, it was no longer available. It seems 'discontinued lantern.'

Thanks for any suggestion to this.

Old 11-21-09, 06:55 AM
R
Have you tried replacing the batteries? If they are standard size batteries you don't need to use rechargeables for the test. If it works with regular batteries, buy some new rechargeables.

Old 11-21-09, 07:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 54 Posts
There are also stores that stock replacement rechargeable batteries. All they would need is the old part number.

Old 11-22-09, 05:37 AM
Thanks all for the responses and concerns. I really appreciate all.

Rechargeable Battery is 'inbedded' inside the Lantern. There is no screws to even look at. Then, I went to the K-mart web-site and found 'Lantern' is still as 'on-line-sale' only, not 'in-store' sale. Then, I plan to purchase two more just in case the same accident, ... over-charged battery.

Price for two do not come cheap, close to $50 with S.H., however I love more than other up-to-date Lantern that has 'remote' control but bluish and flourecent form. I prefer classic shade of light, like older household light-bulbs that were used until 'energy-saver' light came to the market.

Thanks again.