TV power interference

Old 11-27-09, 07:52 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation TV power interference

I need some help BADLY ! Bought a new LCD TV BUT now when I power on the shredder, washer or dryer, I get interference on my screen. All the appliances are on three difference circuits (washer and dryer on the same). I need help figuring out why this happening. I ruled out the cable and TV components. From what I can tell all the effected outlets are wired correctly. Is something wired wrong ? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME !

Last edited by SlackerBoy1; 11-27-09 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-28-09, 12:17 AM
you could try Ferrite line cord filters they snap on to your power cord and reduce interference... you could try placing them evenly on the cord for your TV... most TVs are sold with computer power cords that usually have a filter... you could also try them on the interference causing devices..

also determine if the all the breakers involved are on the same leg of power? interference sometimes sticks to one leg... try the TV on SEVERAL other outlets in all different rooms if your home is older many rooms could be on the same breaker....

some of the wiser old timers might be able to steer you in another direction

Old 11-28-09, 12:27 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Welcome to the forums.

Can you take a picture of the TV screen when the noise appears? Upload it to a photo hosting site and post the link here.

Different-looking noises on the screen can point to several different culprits.

Old 11-28-09, 04:41 AM
D
Check that the shielded side of the TV cable entering the house is at house ground. Verify that all your cable connections are tight, etc. You might also try shunting the ac lines at the panel and at the TV's outlet with capacitor filters.

Old 11-28-09, 08:04 AM
B
Isolate the problem...

Disconnect any coax cables from the TV like cable TV, outside antenna, etc. (Or set top boxes which connect to these.) See if you still have the problem.

Maybe try just connecting a VCR/DVD and see if you have the problem with just that (no cable or antenna coax connected).

You can verify that it is in fact a power line problem by plugging in the TV to a computer UPS which is powered on but not plugged in.

If it is in fact a power line problem, then an "online" "true sine" UPS with a higher wattage rating than the TV would totally isolate the TV from the electric power. (Makes its own electricity.)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: