Christmas Decorations problem...

Old 12-16-09, 04:55 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Christmas Decorations problem...

Hi, I'm new to these forums and I have a problem. I am currently connecting some Christmas lighting together but when I got to the bush net lighting, I could not get them to connect with my 5 foot extension cables. These extension cables are 3-pronged (with the ground). I have 3 bushes, 3 net lights, and two extension cables for in between the bushes. The problem is that these net lights are unpolarized (meaning that the plugins are both the same size instead of one being smaller than the other). I have called Lowes to look for an adapter and they say that an adapter to convert a 3-pronged plugin to a 2-pronged, unpolarized plugin does not exist.

So, my question is if there really are not any of these adapters anywhere out there. It seems that my only solution would be to either find a way to plug the bushes in together directly or to black out some christmas light strings to be able to connect the bush net lighting.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Also, I hope this is in the right place, if not, please move to the correct location. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-09, 06:30 PM
C
You will need to connect the extension cords only to extension cords or wall recepticals.

Old 12-16-09, 10:18 PM
Use a 3 plug adapter (available at Lowes) on the main extension cord and 3 smaller extension cords to go from that to each bush.

Doug M.