Aspire Digital Dimmer install question

Old 03-28-10, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aspire Digital Dimmer install question

I am currently trying to install a Master and Remote Aspire dimmer for a hallway light. Currently in the box I have 1 wire (power source 12-2), 1 (lead to remote switch) 12-3. Next box has wire from light (12-2) and wire from power source box (12-3).
I also have 2 more wires (12-3) for ceiling fan light and fan. The ceiling fan light and fan are in the middle of the circuit unlike hall light as mentioned above.
Can these switches be used where the light is at the end of the circuit?
I started out wiring as follows with no luck thus far...

All whites in power source box tied together.
Green wire from master to copper in box
Blue wire from master to red lead heading to remote box
Black wire from master to black from power source (12-2)
Red wire from master to 2nd black lead heading to remote box

ANY help and advice would be much appreciated...

These Aspire switches are new to me. Regular 3 way switches wire up fine in this scenario but no luck with the digital dimmers...

Thanks!
LC

Last edited by LooseCannon; 03-28-10 at 03:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-10, 03:08 PM
First thing first.,,

Can you please resize this to little smaller so it will not take a full screen ?

Now the next step do both fan and ceiling fan lights are on three way or it own spots ??

If the case of latter answer it will not work with that set up due you need power source at both master dimmer location box and also need power source for remote dimmer location

Can you get me the model number due there are few conferation of wire this up in correct sequeince ? Merci { thanks }

Is the ceiling fan and light wire I noted you have black tape is that on three way or on switch loop mode ??

once I get the model number I can able tell which way it can be done.

Merci,Marc

Old 03-28-10, 03:20 PM
Hi Marc,

Sorry about the size, in order to read the labeling I had to use the full size photos.

Yes, the fan and ceiling fan lights are on a 3 way, as well as the hall light. Please excuse any ignorance on my part I am new to this scenery and this is all new wiring, not replacing existing switches.

The switch model numbers are
9542DS (Remote)
9534DS (Master)

I would like to get a Master / Remote dimmer on the hallway light and the light on the ceiling fan. I plan to use a regular rocker for the fan itself.

Last edited by LooseCannon; 03-28-10 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-28-10, 03:49 PM
Imageshack - powersource.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user
Imageshack - wirebox2.jpg - Uploaded by Imageshack user

Last edited by LooseCannon; 03-28-10 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Smaller pics
Old 03-28-10, 10:32 PM
Before I can make the drawing how to hook this up let me read this question right you want the hall light and fan light on the same dimmer switch set up or on seperated dimmer switch set up ??

For the fan motour itself I understand that you will use the rocker switch that is fine that is not a issue with it.

I know some fan speed control they do have it in 3 way format as well basically it the same with other dimmer set up but we will deal with fan motour last.

However at the first junction box where you have power source comming in first thing first is get all the white conductor wirenut together { but leave two white pigtails I am pretty sure the master unit may need the netural for control but I will double check the diagram to verify it. }

for the other switch box just hold on that one for a moment I will make a diagram for it and one of my members in here { Ray } he will be more than happy to post the diagram up for me.

Merci,Marc

P.S. you will get this before 24 Heures { hours } is up

Old 03-29-10, 06:32 AM
Marc,

Thanks in advance for you assistance!

I would like to have the hall light and ceiling fan light on separate dimmers.

Old 03-30-10, 12:14 AM
Just what I thought so they are little diffrent than standard three way set up so let me put the link in and you will scroll down to second page there is a wiring diagram and you MUST follow it to order this get function correct.

http://solutions.cooperwiringdevices..._SpecSheet.pdf

http://solutions.cooperwiringdevices...N-SPSH0609.pdf

{ second link is the master unit the first link is the remote control }
at the power source switch box you will have no issue using the netural at all so follow the diagram you will see why I mention netural pigtail before so there it is.,,

now for the fan and fan luminaire connections due you have dead end loop you will have to be carefull with switch loop diagram for now let get the hallway hook up with this diagram first then we will deal with fan luminaire next the fan motour itself I know you will use standard three way switch so that is not a issue but with Aspire dimmer that you need to pay attetion to the connections.

If you don't understand this diagram let me know ASAP I will make a way to make diagram so you can able hook this up without any issue.

{ I will bookmark this link so I can able pull it up due my oringal one is in French so got Engish verison for ya }

Also make sure you put the master units right before the luminaire so that mean the master units at the second switch box I will find a way to fill you in with details if you request it.

Merci,Marc

Last edited by french277V; 03-30-10 at 12:18 AM. Reason: add second link plus more info