ceiling fan with a remote

Old 04-12-10, 06:27 PM
ceiling fan with a remote

:confuessed

have a ceiling fan with a remote. the fan work for a while say a few months. ligt comes on ,but you have to push the
remote a few times to turn the light off and on . the fan will not come on at all.

so i though it was the remote. so i put a work ligth to it and it work with no problem. even the fan work with the remote out. some one toll me it can be a loose netural effecting the remote. before all this happen the fan was running and whem i woke up it wasn't working. that is when i put the ligths to the remote and it went threw it steps on the ligthing and fan part of the remote.

can a losse netural effect the remote and not the fan. should i check the cnnections up in the box [ it is a switch loop]

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-10, 06:48 PM
So, you are saying that the light and fan work when controlled from the wall switch, but the fan does not work when controlled by the remote?

Old 04-12-10, 06:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Typically there is only one neutral connection for the fan and light, not one for each.

You may not be getting good reception on the antennae. You may also want to check the connections in the fan canopy.

Old 04-12-10, 08:55 PM
low battery....................................

Old 04-13-10, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by rdn2113 View Post
So, you are saying that the light and fan work when controlled from the wall switch, but the fan does not work when controlled by the remote?
yes the fan works when the remote is out of the fan circuit.
when i put power to it from the wall switch light and fan works.
just when i put the remote back in. then it starts to act up,but like i said hook up work ligths to the remote and they went on and off with me standing across the room, do you think a metural can cause the problem.

Old 04-16-10, 01:50 AM
Generally, if the neutral is faulty, anything depending on it will demonstrate some undesirable symptom consistent with the nature of the fault. In this case, the light would not work properly.

Based on the feedback from other forum members:

1. The receiving and/or switching functionality of the switch itself is defective, requiring a new switch unit.
2. The batteries in the remote are low and need to be replaced.
3. Fan units that are not adequately secured can vibrate, creating the possibility for wire connections to loosen. Check the wire connections at the fan fixture to ensure they are tight.