receptacles

Old 12-15-00, 01:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy receptacles on one wall don't work

The other evening my lights, tv, and pc went off, on, and off again. All these were plugged into 3 different recepts on the same wall. I tripped the breakers and that wasn't it. Two of the recepts were replaced. Now, I plug in a lamp with a 60 watt bulb into two of the recepts and it workds for the lamp. When I plug the tv into the plug it doesn't work. What do I need to do? Please tell me how to fix it.

[Edited by grace lafferty on 12-15-00 at 04:49]

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-00, 08:26 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If I read right, the TV does not work when connected to the same outlet that did allow the lamp to work?? Is this true?

If so, then I'd wonder if the TV still works. Try plugging the TV into other outlets and see if it works anywhere. You could have had a power surge that killed your TV.

Old 12-17-00, 11:53 AM
Wgoodrich
Visiting Guest
I suspect a loose connection. Your connection is still stong enough to carry the small load of the 60 watt bulb, but the connection then fails when you increase the load with your other equipment. Look for a burnt connction in the receptacles, junction boxes, light switch boxes, and in the panel at the neutral bar and breaker connection.

Hope this hits your problem let us know if you need more

Wg