breaker box

Old 12-17-00, 10:00 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hello to whomever reads this!!!
i have 100 amp service..and i have push button breakers..well my washer and refrigerator are in the same breaker..when my washer is running...it trips the breaker all the time....even when the refrigerator is not running...i have unplugged the refrigerator just to make sure...the main time it does it is when my washer starts to drain water...but here recently it has been kickin the breaker at different intervals...is this maybe a old breaker and need to replace or could it be faulty wiring?
thank you very much

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-00, 10:17 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I won't bother telling you that you should have the situation that you already have (well, I guess I will).

Go ahead and change the breaker. It might have gone bad. Just make sure you replace it with an identical one.

If you want further help, please be sure to tell us the gauge of the wire and the size of the breaker.

Old 12-17-00, 01:40 PM
Wgoodrich
Visiting Guest
John Nelson is right you shouldn't have what you have. The washer receptacle should be dedicated as a laundry circuit for laundry only. The refrigerator should be a small appliance branch circuit or a dedicated circuit. Both should be served by 12 ga wiring and protected by 20 amp breakers. They should not be on the same circuit.

If this wiring used to work and now doen't then I would suspect you washer having a leak in it making the washer motor wet. This is a common problem found with washers. If this is the case then you need to repair your washer first.
Your washer motor may be weak or your timer may be shorting also. I would still put priority to solving your problem by checking out your washer.

Good Luck

Wg