Dimmer and Timer Switch

Old 11-27-10, 08:15 AM
Dimmer and Timer Switch

I rewired a circuit in the master bath for a bath fan and light combination. The circuit is fed by a 20 amp homerun (To feed a Jacuzzi that I rerouted). The neutrals are tied together, the grounds are tied together, I have two pigtails off the hot feed, that runs to the two switches. I have 2 switch legs running to the light and fan. Neither the timer switch for the fan or the dimmer for the light work. They have indicator lights that do not light up. I can hook standard switches to either one and they work fine. I can connect the switch leg and power directly and they work fine. I have tried different switches in case they are bad. No luck. I have fed the power from a 15 amp, in case that is the issue. No luck. I am at a loss as to the issue. They are Levitron switches. They only have two black wires and a ground to connect. Pretty simple. Any ideas???

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-10, 09:20 AM
Group Moderator
Does the timer switch have a black, red, and white wire? If so they probably need a neutral for the timer and the dimmer is off the timer so won't work if the timer doesn't. That is guess. Give us make and model of the switches or better yet an on line link to a schematic for them.