Looking for special AC power cable

Old 11-27-10, 09:14 AM
Looking for special AC power cable

This might not be the right section for this but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else. I am looking for an AC power cable nearly identical to what is used on a standard PC. This would have a 120VAC 3 pin standard edison male plug on one end & the female termination that would plug into the back of a PC on the other. The majority of these cables are 18 AWG & I want one that is 16 AWG. I would also like the female end to be of the right angle configuration if possible but not absolutely required. It also doesn't need to be very long, 3' - 4' would be fine. I've tried searching with a few search engines but haven't had much luck. I figured that maybe there's a chance that someone on here can provide some leads. My local computer stores & electonic shops have plenty of 18 AWG cables but no 16 AWG.
Thanks in advance for any input!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-10, 09:30 AM
This may be what you’re looking for 4ft 16 AWG 250 Volt Computer Power Extension Cord (IEC320C13 to IEC320C14) - Cables To Go. Available in 4’, 5’ & 8’ lengths. I did not search to see if they have a right angle female end.

Old 11-27-10, 10:13 AM
Here you go:

16 AWG Power Cord Cable w/ 3 conductor PC power connector socket (C13/5-15P) - 6ft (Black):
$1.49 - 16AWG Power Cord Cable w/ 3 conductor PC power connector socket (C13/5-15P) - 6ft (Black) | Power Cords w/ 3 conductor PC power connector

Also available in 14 AWG:
$2.08 - 14AWG Power Cord Cable w/ 3 conductor PC power connector socket (C13/5-15P) - 6ft (Black) | Power Cords w/ 3 conductor PC power connector

Other lengths available can be viewed at: Power Cables / Cords
Note that they only have one with a right angle connection (and it's 18 AWG).

Old 11-28-10, 08:44 AM
Thumbs up

THANKS Jason & Rob! Just what I was looking for! I didn't know these were available in 14 AWG, that's what I'll probably use as these are for rack mounted high power (2500 watt) audio power amps. They have a 10+ amp draw at full load so having a 14 AWG cable will provide some load carrying headroom & I won't have a whole lot of extra cable to bundle up in the back of the rack!

Old 11-28-10, 05:46 PM
You use of the word "they" means there is more than one power amp in the rack. If each draws 10 amps at full load you will need a 20-amp circuit. If there is anything else in the rack (processor, EQ, etc) you will also need to account for their wattage draw.