Mobile home service

Old 11-28-10, 08:05 AM
Mobile home service

I have a question about wiring from the meter base to a 100amp. disconnect to the indoor panel. The meterbase is wired,and is hooked up to the disconnet box. The question that I have is from the disconnect to the panel box . Codes are that you use 4 wire out to the panel box. (this installation is for a mobile home / hunting camp). The wires are 2 blacks 1 green and 1 black with white tracer. 2 blacks went to breakers . Ran single unshielded to neutral bar that had 2 large connectos ,the other large connector was wired with green , do I install black with tracer w/green. Then in the panel inside how are the green and tracer wire hook in.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-10, 08:35 AM
Group Moderator
At the mobile home there should be a bonded ground bar and an electrically isolated neutral bar. Often a new panel will not come with a ground bar. You have to buy one and add it. Usually there are already tapped holes for it. You also must make sure the neutral bar does not have a bonding screw or strap. If it does it must be removed. See also: http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...-drawings.html

The meterbase is wired,and is hooked up to the disconnet box.
I am assuming it is not really a disconnect but a breaker. That would make it the first OCPD (over current protection device). Neutral and ground are bonded at the first OCPD and often the same bar is used for both.

Old 11-28-10, 10:25 AM
Thank you!! Ray. That was the information that i was looking for .

Old 11-28-10, 11:03 AM
Group Moderator
Glad to help. Just to verify you are using at least #4 copper or #2 aluminum THWN.