6 lights in kitchen - only 2 turn on

Old 12-13-10, 09:30 AM
6 lights in kitchen - only 2 turn on

So my wife woke up the other morning, went to the kitchen, turned on the lights....only 2 turn on.

Our kitchen has 6 recessed lights, all controlled by the same switch. But only 2 are turning on. I checked the breakers - not flipped. Even flipped them off and back on....that didn't work. I checked all of the bulbs in the 4 lights that are out....they all work. I also checked all the GFCI outlets in the house - in the case that the kitchen lighting might be tied to one of them...that didn't work.

Any other thoughts? We didn't do anything different....we didn't plug in a new appliance or anything different electrically in the house. Go to bed it works, wake up it doesn't work.

We have an electrician coming out tomorrow....but if I can figure it out in the meantime, would love that! Small problem is that about 6 months ago we had new blown in insulation added in the attic....so getting access to the wiring for the lights would mean crushing our new insulation - so not sure if there is another way to figure it out without accessing the wiring in the attic.

Thanks everyone!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-10, 09:49 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You may have developed a loose connection. Look in one of the lights that works or the first non-working light junction box.