Can 220 Line plug be moved?

Old 12-13-10, 05:14 PM
Question Can 220 Line plug be moved?

The stove in the condo we just bought sticks out from the wall 2-3" because of the weird placement of the 220 line plug. It sits right above the baseboard and sticks out so far that the stove cannot be pushed in all the way. Can a 220 plug be recessed into the wall like a regular plug? Or, can anyone suggest what we can do so the stove doesn't stick out so far?

TIA
Sherry

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-10, 05:28 PM
It can be recessed, but i would advise you to have an electrician do that. 240 is nasty!

Old 12-13-10, 05:33 PM
Yes and No depending on the construction behind the wall and how much slack if the cable have otherwise if you have in conduit It will be much wiser to call in Electrician they have alot of trick up the sleeve.

It may be a doable but I do not know if your Condo do allow homeowner to make any change on that otherwise it will stated that have electrican to deal with it.

Merci,
Marc

Old 12-13-10, 05:57 PM
Thank you for the info. Yes, we will indeed call an Electrician. And yes, we can make any changes to the interior of the building. I just wanted to find out if it was even possible before I paid an Electrician to come out. Thanks, again.

Sherry