no power going to plugs and lights

Old 01-09-11, 07:49 PM
no power going to plugs and lights

hi guys i got rid of a wall, there were 2 plugs, one plug was control by a switch and the other well it was just a plug. now there was a cable going from one receptacle to the other(i am not an electrician ). so i pulled both wires up to the attic and merret them and put them in a box.

my problem is that now i cannt get power to the other plugs and another lights (there is one fuse controlling 4 plugs and 2 lights) fuse is fine i checked it out.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-11, 09:42 PM
Group Moderator
How many 2-conductor cables and how many 3-conductor cables (if any) at the switched receptacle.

Was there a single 2-conductor cable from the switched receptacle to the un-switched receptacle?

How many cables at the un-switched receptacle? Were they 2-conductor cables? Any 3-conductor cables at the un-switched receptacle?

How many cables at the switch box and were any 3-conductor cables?

Were there two or more white wires wire nutted together in the switch box?

What color wires connected to the switch.

Old 01-10-11, 05:50 AM
Circuit

my problem is that now i cannt get power to the other plugs and another lights (there is one fuse controlling 4 plugs and 2 lights) fuse is fine i checked it out.
Your post is not real clear, but it sounds like you disconnected a cable that was feeding the now non-working receptacles and lights.

Old 01-10-11, 05:27 PM
How did you check the fuse?