KaylaC's Breaker Problem

Old 01-18-11, 09:18 PM
Unhappy KaylaC's Breaker Problem

Hi my name is kayla and im havin the same problem with my main. I no why it's doin it my dad says it's only a 50 amp and where overloadin it. My ?? is can anyone give me a guess on how much it will cost to fix. My mom said she would do it and all i would have to buy is the breaker but after readin yalls posts i think i should have someone come i a fix it, just scared it will cost me arm and a leg!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-11, 05:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Kayla, welcome to the forums!! If you are overloading a 50 amp breaker, something has to give. What is the total breaker panel capacity? What is hooked to this 50 amp breaker? Is it the main? If so, what you have is a horribly under sourced system. Fill us in on a few things. Standing at the panel, where is the 50 amp breaker? How many breakers do you have in the box and what are their amperage ratings? We'll help you, but we need more information.
Please be careful around this stuff. It isn't for people who don't generally deal with it. An electrician may need to be called in to help fix it.

Better yet, take a picture of the panel with the door opened and post it like this http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...your-post.html. It will help us.

Old 01-19-11, 09:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Also please let us know if this is a stand-alone house, apartment, duplex or other type of building. Do you have electric heaters?