Replacement GE Safety Breaker "Deadman" Panel

Old 01-19-11, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replacement GE Safety Breaker "Deadman" Panel

Know this is worse than a needle in a haystack, but looking for the breaker cover for a 30 year old GE residential 200 Amp panel, model TM202MUF Mod2 with the breakers down the right side and the meter mount and main breaker on the left side. The actual deadman panel is close to 29.75" high and 6.25" wide. Hoping someone might know of an electrical scrap yard, recycler or other source.

If not, I will grab a piece of 16 ga sheet metal and fabricate one but with the vast resources of DIY, thought it worth asking...

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-11, 10:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 42 Votes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by DDCGuy View Post
Hoping someone might know of an electrical scrap yard, recycler or other source.
This type of place should show up in your yellow pages if you have one in the area. When I need an odd panel cover I usually have one of the local metal fab shops whip something up and hit it with a coat of battleship enamel.

Old 01-20-11, 10:21 AM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Just a suggestion. The one time I did this I made a template using foam poster board. Easy to work with and you can afford to throw away your mistakes. Once it is perfect then you can make the metal one or have a shop fabricate it.