manual override switch does not work

Old 02-04-11, 01:43 AM
Question manual override switch does not work

I would like to repair an Intermatic model E1020 Timer. The manual override switch stopped activating and deactivating the light.

How do I expose the switch to possibly repair the manual mechanism?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-11, 05:33 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It's a sealed unit and probably not user repairable. That's why they don't cost a lot. Even if you could open it, you couldn't buy a replacement part to fix it, as they aren't available.

Old 02-04-11, 07:30 PM
It's a mechanical timer and Intermatic has had a lot of problems with all of their mechanical time switches. I'd buy a replacement of a different brand.

Old 02-05-11, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by CasualJoe View Post
It's a mechanical timer and Intermatic has had a lot of problems with all of their mechanical time switches. I'd buy a replacement of a different brand.
Some of the Intermatic timer have substandard products I know some have some quirks but a real deal commercal grade timer clock like T103 or simauir is far much rugged one.

Merci.
Marc

Old 02-05-11, 05:10 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah, the more substantial ones like Marc mentioned are pretty rock solid. I have one to "time" my heater on my diesel, and it's been working for years. Walk by and hear it running. As with most timers, you will have to reset it in the event of a prolonged power failure.

Old 02-05-11, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by french277V View Post
Some of the Intermatic timer have substandard products I know some have some quirks but a real deal commercal grade timer clock like T103 or simauir is far much rugged one.

Merci.
Marc
The relatively new Intermatic T-101s and T-103s are the ones I've seen the most problems with the past few years, not to mention the faulty photocells they have been putting out. If you are a contractor and you have to pay for labor, you can't afford to have an electrician play with a 4 to 6 week old timeclock to get it working correctly. The first warranty service call more then wipes out any profit you may have made. It's much cheaper to replace with a **** and be done with it. If you are a DIYer, do yourself a favor, avoid the headaches and buy a deifferent brand.

Last edited by CasualJoe; 02-05-11 at 12:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-06-11, 01:31 AM
Joe., I am aware with some issue with Intermatic devices and there is other brandname that use like wattstopper or Tork or others.

They hold up pretty good AFAIK.

Merci.
Marc

Old 02-06-11, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by french277V View Post
Joe., I am aware with some issue with Intermatic devices and there is other brandname that use like wattstopper or Tork or others.

They hold up pretty good AFAIK.

Merci.
Marc
I agree. I wasn't wanting to promote a specific brand name, but you covered it well with my preference. Let's just say my preference isn't wattstopper.