On for 6 Hours, off until power is reset.

Old 03-14-11, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
On for 6 Hours, off until power is reset.

I am putting a receptacle on the box that contains my photosensor for my windowcandles.(3 watts total). Can someone draw a schematic for a device that will shut the connected load off after six hours or so? I'm planning on putting it in a bell box, fed by 12/3 sjoow, with a compression clamp, if that is feasible. The load will be around 2000 watts.

Old 03-15-11, 01:18 PM
D
Why not just buy a timer? I remember for a college project building a timer using a 555 chip, some resistors, capacitors, transistors, and a few other things. I think the time you spend on making it will be much more than buying one.

Old 03-15-11, 01:46 PM
Why not just buy a timer?
The problem with a timer is it has to be reset alot. I was hoping to leave this plugged in, and then take it down with the lights. It's a pain to have to move the pins on a timer every couple of days as the days get shorter or longer. For small holidays with only a blowmould or string of lights on the railing I do not mind having on all night, but with bigger holidays like Easter, Halloween, or Christmas I do not like to leave lights on all night.

Old 03-15-11, 02:42 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Radioshack use to seii a book of 555 timer circuits. Maybe they still do or you can find a similar colection either dead tree or live electrons.

Old 03-15-11, 03:55 PM
Digi-Key
Would one of these work?
Would I be able to do something like this?:

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: