RCCB Main Supply Wiring

Old 04-15-11, 10:15 AM
Smile RCCB Main Supply Wiring

Hi,

Can you please help me to figure out how to connect the main supply to the 3 attached RCCB pics.
ImageShack Album - 3 images

1. I mean where the main wire will connect ( I far I understand the main feed (IN) should be from the TOP & distribution to circuit breaker from the bottom).
2. Does the neutral connect to TOP left hand side or RHS connection for both Legrand models.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-11, 11:05 AM
Group Moderator
Are you in France, Prefectur, Saint-Denis? In the US you would use a GFCI breaker and their construction seems to be a bit different. Is this a double or single pole 220 volt RCCB. I will PM our French Moderator.

Old 04-15-11, 09:27 PM
Merci Ray for let me know.

Bonjour suarez_lfc .,

I will type in both langunges { Engish et French }

Pour ordonner installer l'unité RCCB la source de provision sera l'arrivée du sommet et le netrual {Bleu} sera à gauche traînent tandis que la provision de ligne {le brun} sera sur le droit traînent la charge est sur le fond de l'interrupteur RCCB

Si désormais la question dit juste donc je vous y aiderai.

To order to hook up the RCCB unit the supply source will be incomming from the top and the netrual { Bleu } will be on the left lug while line supply { brown } will be on right lug the load is on the bottom of the RCCB breaker .

If any more question just say so I will help you on it.

Merci,
Marc

Old 04-15-11, 10:10 PM
HI Marc,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Can you please double confirm that both Legrand RCCB in the attached pics will have the source power from the TOP. The drawings seems different on the two Legrand RCCB.
CAn you also confirm that where it's written "NO 1" it's always the source?

Thanks again

Old 04-15-11, 10:30 PM
Bonjour.,

I did double check and I did confirm the breakers have two diffrent feed format the first photo { on the left } is top feed { power source } while the other two is reversed it is bottom feed however.,

With RCCB breaker it should function either way as long you do not reverse the netural and line supply.

So the netural connection are all on the left side that pretty much standard way to do it.

What size conductor you are using on this one due I noted you have 40 amp breaker.

Merci,
Marc

{ If you need to transated to French let me know I will do it quick }

Old 04-17-11, 09:50 AM
Hi Marc,

Thanks again.

I thought the MAIN feed (alimentation) for the Legrand on the LHS is from the BOTTOM & that of the Legrand in the middle + the Multi9 is from the TOP.

Still getting confused

Thanks

Old 04-17-11, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by suarez_lfc View Post
Hi Marc,

Thanks again.

I thought the MAIN feed (alimentation) for the Legrand on the LHS is from the BOTTOM & that of the Legrand in the middle + the Multi9 is from the TOP.

Still getting confused

Thanks
If you have the main breaker then oui it is bottom incomming while other two breakers they are from the top due the bussbar arrangment on the customer unit it is simuair to the UK set up but I have to follow French codes.

Just make sure you do not get both of them mixed up otherwise it may not function escpally with the RCD function.

Merci.
Marc

Old 04-17-11, 09:59 PM
Thanks a lot
You have been very helpful

cheers

Old 04-17-11, 10:07 PM
Pas un problème du tout { Not a problem at all }

Merci,
Marc