Where can I get this switch??

Old 05-02-11, 12:45 PM
Where can I get this switch??

This switch is used in my pop-up camper. When it is depressed by my galley, it completes the circit up to the ceiling fixtures. It is a safety in that it cuts power to lights to prevent me from burning my camper down by leaving a light on. anyways. It needs to be atleast 10amp and it needs to be "normally open". or it needs to be on when depressed. Anyone know where i can get one? I found several that are off when depressed...oh and it must go flush when pressed.......thanks

Last edited by Djsrcy; 05-02-11 at 01:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-11, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
Old 05-02-11, 02:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Nope, that's a regular light switch. Won't work. What he needs is called a limit switch.

Djsrcy, do you have any flexibility as far as the shape/size of the switch? IE can you drill/cut the hole larger if needed? It's going to be tough to find an exact match, but I came up with a couple that are functionally similar and look approx the same size.. Did you try a dealer?

2DM4 Honeywell / Microswitch Basic / Snap Action / Limit Switches

D2D-3103 Omron Electronics Basic / Snap Action / Limit Switches

Old 05-02-11, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator
Its a momentary switch and made for RV's. What he has is old style.

Mike NJ

Old 05-02-11, 03:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Umm no. It's two completely different things. What you linked to is a switch designed to be pressed by a human. The switch the OP needs is a safety/limit switch that is part of the popup mechanism. It is pressed by the movement of the popup. It is designed specifically to cut power to the lighting when you close the popup.

Old 05-02-11, 03:22 PM
Group Moderator
It is a safety in that it cuts power to lights to prevent me from burning my camper down by leaving a light on. anyways. It needs to be atleast 10amp and it needs to be "normally open"
What you are describing is a normally closed switch not a normally open switch.

Don't know about on fancy new cars with electronic do-dads but the door dome light switch on older cars should work. A refrigerator light switch should also work.

Old 05-03-11, 06:15 AM
thank you for the replies. Yes I needed a normally off switch. I must have posted it wrong. The switch is depressed when my sink in the camper gets lifted into place. I found one sold by colehersee.com. its number is 9002 if you want to check it out for some reason. Thanks again

Old 05-03-11, 06:51 AM
Group Moderator
I must have posted it wrong.
No, I invisioned it being depressed when the camper was closed. Glad you found one.