Duct recommendations for data/coax in garage (surface)

Old 05-30-11, 09:02 PM
Duct recommendations for data/coax in garage (surface)

Hi, does anyone have any advice/recommendations for ducting for running low voltage cable from a garage ceiling to the floor. It will run across the ceiling and down wall and i want to be able to get access to the cable in the corners...

It feels like a stupid question... but, i can't find much on the web apart from the carlon stuff but that doesn't have any junction boxes/corner pieces and looks like its designed for in-wall not "out-of-wall"...

Thanks! Rich.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-11, 09:38 PM
Is there a reason you can't use Sch 40 PVC? aka the gray stuff? What diameter (nominal) do you need?

You can get conduit bodies in many configurations for corners. For terminating, you just use any suitably-sized box and use a hole saw or a punch kit.

Old 05-31-11, 04:37 AM
You can also use wiremold raceway.

Old 05-31-11, 06:23 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The problem with some wiremold is that the bend radius is not preserved for data cabling. The corners are too sharp. You would need to watch the same thing with conduit fittings like LBs.

Old 05-31-11, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by pcboss View Post
The corners are too sharp. You would need to watch the same thing with conduit fittings like LBs.
Just upsize to 1-1/2 or 2" diameter. Or use bushings to increase, for example, 3/4" to 2" for the corner CBs!

Form follows function, but then again my garage interior is late 1920s bare studs.