GFI reset

Old 01-02-01, 06:51 PM
Visiting Guest
I have lost power on a breaker that has not tripped. I am suspect of a GFI somewhere. On out door lighting is there a reset hidden in a lighting assembly somewhere?

Old 01-02-01, 07:21 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by steved
I have lost power on a breaker that has not tripped. I am suspect of a GFI somewhere. On out door lighting is there a reset hidden in a lighting assembly somewhere?
I have seen when there is an outdoor plug in the front and back of the house, that only one CFI may be installed on one of the outdoor plugs and the other one feeds from that one. What exactly has lost power ? Even if the breaker does not appear to be tripped, switch the breaker off and then back on . In there more than one device (light or plug) that lost power, is it inside the house or outside, is there anything on the same circuit that works ?

Old 01-02-01, 07:36 PM
Visiting Guest
I have power at the breaker. I have reset all the breakers several times. I have lost power on 2 circuits. When looking for a reset on a CFI. I am not missing a big red button marked reset, Am I? I was thinking this rester lies inside some housing.

Old 01-02-01, 08:03 PM
RickM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Steved, you should find a GFCI outlet in places normal to regular outlets. Look for a GFCI type receptacle in any outside outlets, garage, bathroom, basement,or even in the kitchen. At one time or another, codes allowed one to run from a GFCI outlet located somewhere (say in the kitchen) and then run to an outside plug. Nowdays, kitchens have to be on by them selves, which is true of bathrooms also, but you could still have a GFCI outlet in the garage and feed to an outside outlet.

There should be no GFCI reset button hidden inside of a fixture, but if you have a 2nd panel somewhere in your home, there might be a GFCI type breaker in it.

Good luck. Rick Miell

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: