Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Electrical, AC & DC. Electronic Equipment and Computers > Electrical - AC & DC
Reload this Page >

May anyone here can help to answer some electical question about CE

Old 07-10-11, 05:18 AM

First of all, i've thank alot of your viewing.

The question i wanna ask was about CE ( Conformity European Standard ), i was facing a problem that my job required me to find out the safety voltage, current range that CE approved! Do anyone know were can i get it, or can anyone here try to explain more about CE for me? What can i do to design or build a circuit that approved by CE.

Than you.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-11, 06:22 AM
Welcome to the forums.

Start here at the "Low Voltage" section. : List of references of harmonised standards - European standards - Enterprise and Industry

"Low Voltage" is defined as between 50 and 1,000 volts AC;, and 75 to 1500 volts DC.

Old 07-10-11, 06:51 AM
Rick,

Thank you for your reply, i have view the link that u suggest just now!
Let a simple example, assume connect a submersible pump 1.1kw to a thermal overload relay, follow by a contactor and finally to a MCB ! Do u have any idea what we should noted when doing the wiring ?

Old 07-10-11, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Exclamation A serious caution!

We are happy to offer solutions in most cases but what you are asking is for safety related advice that you will be giving to others.
These forums are for people who directly do the work themselves and accept responsibility for what they do.

What you are asking could be very dangerous to those you are advising if you were to get a wrong interpretation.
I will not close this tread but would caution you to get your advice directly from someone who is certified to give it.

Old 07-10-11, 11:57 AM
There are few diffrent regulations will be apply to the local area so I do not have all the direct answer and I am well verised with French codes but United Kingdom code I may know some of it but not all of it.

So the best answer is you have to concat a person for that country where you will plan to something like wiring up a submersable pump or other stuff.

Even thru we have CE code but we do have addtional local requirement as well so the answer will varies a bit.

Merci.
Marc

Old 07-11-11, 07:15 AM
GregH,
Thank for your remind about the safety, im here just to get some idea for my experiment, so it will not used to other.

French277v,
Thank for ur reply, just as a example, UK code or anywere, if i wanna connect the circuit i mention at the post b4, what should i take note to meet the CE standard ? is it, i need to know all the resistant, voltage, current , power in every wire that i connect in the circuit, and the value should in the CE standard range ?