Spa / Hot tub electrical wiring problem

Old 08-06-11, 09:49 AM
Spa / Hot tub electrical wiring problem

Hi All

I am from South Africa and recently bought a Spa when I went to one of the big cities. They placed a DB-box on the spa and said that I can connect only the 4mm wires from the main DB in the house. I have done just that but the heater is not working. Initially the pressure switch didn't work, but I got that sorted out. I am not sure if that is the right configuration though.

I made a hand drawing of the wiring as it currently is. Some of the information is written on the drawing.

I would normally get a electrician to sort this stuff out, but the closest electrician to this farm is 300km.

Can you please give me advice as to what wiring is wrongly connected on this drawing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

(How do a I add a jpg picture, they only allow me to add URL's - it is essential to understand the current layout)

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-11, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Well....this may be a first. This is primarily a N American site...but we've helped people in the UK, Australia, and Mexico...so why not S Africa.

We'll probably need some details on what type power system you have there.....but here's some info on the pics...How To Put Pictures In Your Post - DoItYourself.com Community Forums

Basically upload to a hosting site, then put in the post.

Old 08-06-11, 10:57 AM
Thank you Gunguy 45, the help is appreciated.

I think the picture / drawing is self explanatory. You will see that there is a main switch and neck to it the heater and pump circuit breakers.

Hope the drawing is clear, please ask if you need more information.

Thank you

Last edited by ray2047; 08-06-11 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-06-11, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
Still no picture.....is it on the way? Sometimes there is a delay between your post and the pictures appearing....

Old 08-06-11, 11:36 AM
Hi Gunguy45

I am not sure what is wrong.
It is as follow:
181347.jpg picture by sjpbotha - Photobucket

Thank you

Old 08-06-11, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
Ok....it's showing up now. You'll have to wait for an electrical Pro to step in and advise from here on....