Tandem breaker


Old 08-23-11, 08:20 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: usa
Posts: 34
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tandem breaker

I have a wards powercraft breaker panel in my house. I need to add a line but have no room in the panel. I want to add a 20 amp tandem breaker so I can add the new line. The breakers in the panel are square D but over the years they changed the design. Does this infomation ( type HOM Tipo HARC type Tipo carr ) help identify the type breaker I need. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-11, 08:29 AM
pcboss's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,955
Received 33 Votes on 28 Posts
Not all panels are listed to accept tandem breakers.

Most of the time, with few exceptions, the breaker must match the panel brand. I have never heard of the Wards Powercraft panels, but would suspect they came from Montgomery Wards. MW has been out of business longer than Homeline has been around. You might be able to google obsolete breaker suppliers to see if anyone has the proper breaker for your panel.

BTW, the Homeline should not be used in your panel. It may not fit properly and could cause issues due to the buss contacts not mating properly.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: